HELP HELP everything pulls right

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Bubzrulz

HELP HELP everything pulls right

Post by Bubzrulz »

ok so i was editting and saved then tryed game out and everything pulls right and cant walk left was using abierther at time and i dont know what i did any help needed here is my project https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1wuhw6xbyzwwoz/keen.zip?dl=1 was playing around with the level 4
Nisaba

Re: HELP HELP everything pulls right

Post by Nisaba »

I can't tell you exactly what happened over there, but somehow you must have corrupted your tile properties file (new.TLI).
here is an updated version of it, which should work properly:

Download new tile properties files
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

That link produces a 404 error for me.

I'm guessing that you accidentally set a tile that should be completely non-blocking (e.g. air) to be solid on one or more sides. You can check this with the Tile Properties view (press B). That would cause Keen and all sprites to glitch out of their tiles.
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

Fleexy wrote:That link produces a 404 error for me.
temporary sever downtime. fixed by now. link should work.
Fleexy wrote:I'm guessing that you accidentally set a tile that should be completely non-blocking (e.g. air) to be solid on one or more sides. You can check this with the Tile Properties view (press B). That would cause Keen and all sprites to glitch out of their tiles.
yes, exactly. the (air) foreground tile had a left plus a right blocking property value. but oddly enough, abiathar says it's tile number 0000h. how to alter this within abiathar? if I do not totally mistaken this, one can only start altering forgroundtiles by/after (preposition, I hate them) the starting number 006Ch for Keen 4.
hoping for an enlightening answer.
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

If you enable Assimilate Infoplane (press I), Abiathar adds the infoplane rows to the foreground tileset, allowing you to modify their properties. Assimilate Infoplane is effectively always on if your project uses Infoplane Override, which allows you to use a completely separate bitmap for the infoplane.
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

I already knew that... dammit, I feel stupid now. have a mind like a sieve.