You guys rock

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Sega381

You guys rock

Post by Sega381 »

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say that you guys (and gals) are awsome. I never thought such great new Keen games would exist after I finished the last of the original Keen games. Keen was always THE computer game for me; I compared every other game to it. I always longed for the final trilogy, until I found this site. I actually played the Keys of Krodacia and its followups a few years ago, and they were really wonderful. And now, coming back after a couple of years, I found even better mods around. CK Valentine Bash is simply amazing. Monster Bash and Commander Keen mixed together in one game? More than what anybody could dream of. And the quality of the games, incredible!

Again, I just wanted to thank everybody in the Keen modding community. What you have done is amazing, so please keep Keen alive!
szemigi

Post by szemigi »

Cool. What's your opinion about Keen 10 (which I've already made)?
levellass

Post by levellass »

This year looks like it will be a bumper year for mods and modding. I recommend Keen 58 and 59. Nice to see a fellow Keen fan.
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Don't forget to check out some of the Vorticons mods. Welcome aboard.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

levellass wrote:I recommend Keen 58 and 59. Nice to see a fellow Keen fan.
strange, i highly recommend those two aswell!
Sega381

Post by Sega381 »

Hello,

Hey szemigi, I liked Keen 10 a lot! I just finished it some days ago. I had lots of fun playing it (though I wasn't able to get to the secret level without cheating..). It was hard remembering not to avoid Bloogs and Shikadis... There are a few things here and there that could be polished a bit, but overall great work!

I'll check Keen 58 too, it looks nice! As soon as I finish Valentine Bash (which is not as easy as I thought it would be)... I still can't get enough of being able to play Keen and Monster Bash at the same time..

I've noticed that there are a lot more, including a lot of Voritcon mods. I don't have much free time so I will probably move slowly through them. But judging from the amount of mods I've seen and the speed at which you people create new ones, I'm not going to run out of games to play anytime soon!

Thanks again!
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

Then, when you're ready to create your own amazing Keen games, check out the community's daunting array of tools! The newest and most powerful arrival is Abiathar, a professional-grade level and tileinfo editor for Keen:Galaxy and Dreams. Welcome to the Keen modding community!
Sega381

Post by Sega381 »

The amount of technical knowledge you people have acquired, and the amazing tools you have created for modding is astounding. It would be great to be able to mod my own Keen game one day; the only modding experience I've had is polishing some Ultima IV-based Neverwinter Night mods with their Aurora toolset. Unfortunately, I don't have that much free time as of now, but if I manage to find some, I'll surely check Abiathar and the other great tools here!
levellass

Post by levellass »

As Szemi has shown, a mod or levelpack doesn't need massive effort; when starting out a small project, a basic 1-level mod fits perfectly.
Sega381

Post by Sega381 »

Good point levellass, I will keep that in mind!