Points problem

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Orchamus

Post by Orchamus »

troublesomekeen wrote:So when you place two of the same candy side-by-side in a level with TOM, import the graphics, start up the game and go to that level, one of the candies appear a pixel or two higher?
I didn't use TOM, I just edited the images "4SPR0103", "4SPR0104" and the Shikadi Soda in the Foreground Set (4TIL0001), then I loaded Keen 4 via DOSBox to see the changes in the levels.

Now, I checked my new candies better in every stage and I noticed that only very few of those have this little problem but only when floating. Precisely, some of the places where I have this small issue are the first house in The Border Village (but only candies on the right column), and the two ones near the blue key in Crystalus.

As I can see, it seems that maybe it's only necessary to move the candies to avoid this problem.
levellass wrote:Indeed likely you have resized the point items.
I didn't resized it. I simply moved the candies (4SPR0103 and 4SPR0104) slightly down in the Foreground Set.
troublesomekeen wrote:Which Point Items are we talking about? The Sprites or the Tiles?
Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't catch on the difference between the Sprites and the Tiles.
Nospike

Post by Nospike »

The Tiles are the ones in the foreground set. The Sprites are the rest.
Orchamus

Post by Orchamus »

Thank you and sorry for the late reply!