Keen:Modding - Ten Years On

Anything related to Keen Modding.
XkyRauh

Post by XkyRauh »

Benvolio wrote:I recall playing a Keen4 level made by Xky, which I am pretty sure was made before TED5 and which I probably played in 2002. Does anyone remember this level or know anything about it?
Wasn't me! I made a big, ugly Keen1 level called "Xky's Massive Level" or something like that, which had several design problems (couldn't get all the points, had some blind drops, etc.). :) The only Keen4-related thing I finished was the "Save the Quillsheep!" mini-mod for Andy's contest.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Fair enough!! Maybe I just associated it with yourself because you were responsible for creating the first ever modification of Keen I ever saw - the Ice Factory.

The fact remains that someone made a Keen4 level some years before I ever saw TED5, probably in 2001.
levellass

Post by levellass »

And to celebrate the 10th anniversary, the Keen source code will be made available to all!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

That K4 level was made by ChargingMoose (or something like that) and it was made in a hex editor. I don't have the level any longer, sadly.

By the way, 10 years, congratulations K:M. Seems amazing.
NY00123

Post by NY00123 »

It has surely been long for K:M... and not so long for me...

Well, at least I was aware of that Keen 4 level before being truly familiar with the Keen forums.
KeenRush wrote:That K4 level was made by ChargingMoose (or something like that) and it was made in a hex editor. I don't have the level any longer, sadly.
Think you can still find it, say, here? http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Galaxy_Mods