Editing tile properties in Bio Menace

Anything related to Keen Modding.
szemigi

Editing tile properties in Bio Menace

Post by szemigi »

Is there a programme, which allows you to edit the tile properties in Bio Menace?
Nospike

Post by Nospike »

There's a modified Ck456tli somewhere made by Mink. Just ask him, he should have it.
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

I know this topic is old, but it's still on the first page, so I think bumping it isn't too terrible.

As of v2.7, which will be released today or tomorrow, Abiathar has full support for Bio Menace tileinfo. This includes support for the swapped background fields and a list of all valid special properties.

For reference, here's the list of all foreground special properties (the standard "nothing", "flat", and slope entries are the same as Keen Galaxy):

Code: Select all

1: ladder
2: hurts
3: computer chip slot
4: unattainable keycard slot
6: door handle
7: opened movement door
8: secret door
9: blue shard slot
10: green shard slot
11: red shard slot
12: cyan shard slot
13: kills (radioactive zone)
14: bomb slot
15: keycard slot
16: instadeath
17: opened bonus door
18: bridge switch
19: infoplane switch
23: combination switch
24: slimeify (green string)
26: deslimeify (pink string)
Thanks to NY00123 for helping figure out what these actually do.
Last edited by Fleexy on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Once again I must applaud. It's so nice to see a robust tool developing like this. It's like watching someone raise a baby tiger.

Also, is there an option to bring up a dialog when you start Abiathar like in TOM? I keep double clicking my project file to find that Abiathar loads it then places tile 0 into the map under my cursor.

Also, I have just started a new project with some *heavy* tile property patching. It will break the record for how many levels a Keen project has.
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

levellass wrote:Also, is there an option to bring up a dialog when you start Abiathar like in TOM? I keep double clicking my project file to find that Abiathar loads it then places tile 0 into the map under my cursor.
That bug has been fixed in v2.7, which will be out later today. You can also drag the ADEPS file onto the Abiathar executable to have it opened immediately after Abiathar finishes loading, or make a batch file containing the following:

Code: Select all

start Abiathar.exe FILENAME.adeps
About the disappearing animation loops problem you mentioned in the other thread: that bug should only affect a single tile. Are you sure you [1] saved (i.e. didn't hit the Revert button) and [2] weren't using the TPM on a project file with uneditable tileinfo? If a project file has no tileinfo attached or if you chose to always load the game's default tileinfo, the TPM displays the message "Tileinfo modification and resaving are disabled" in the lower right. That warning will be made more obvious in v2.7. I will do some more investigation into animation linking - it's always worked for me, but I might have missed some special case.
levellass

Post by levellass »

No, it DID affect only a single tile, thus ruining the whole loop and causing the game to crash if any tile in that loop were placed.