Hello Everyone

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Juggre Naut

Hello Everyone

Post by Juggre Naut »

Howdy everybody,

I just recently got back into Commander Keen after my older sister got the first five keens from steam a few weeks ago.

I haven't played the keen games for a while but absolutely loved em' growing up. My favorites were Keen 4 and I really liked Keen Dreams even though there was no pogo and no ledge hanging.

So anyway, I recently downloaded tons and tons of peoples mods here, and they are all amazing! I mean I haven't played any through yet, but just looked around did a few levels. Ceilick's Keen 7, 8, 9 in the Universe is Toast look's amazing! and I am so excited to hear the story (and thanks to anyone else who helped). you really can hardly tell they weren't original keens from what I've seen.

I also enjoy Ceilick's Oracle Janitor mods haha, haven't played em too much. The Xmas one looks pretty cool. And Perilous Pursuit seems pretty good too. By the way is that like supposed to be the third part of the trilogy "goodbye galaxy"? so like keen 5.5 I guess? or is it unrelated?

But yeah. This stuff is amazing, I think it is so sweet that there is a community for Commander Keen lovers and it is still going even in 2012!!

By the way, I'm just 19, so Keen was being made pretty much before I was born, but that makes it mostly during my time I guess, haha.

If no one sees this, oh well, but if you do, nice to meet you! :)
Juggre Naut

Post by Juggre Naut »

Dang, why isn't my signature attached? I created it from an image I found on DeviantArt and animated it, just for this forum! It rocks if I do say so myself.
Draik

Post by Draik »

Hey! Always nice to see new faces in the Keen community.
I don't think signatures are enabled on this board - this is the modding board, and exclusively that. For a more general community, you might want to head over to pckf.com, if you haven't already.

Whatever you do, welcome, and enjoy your stay around these parts.
Juggre Naut

Post by Juggre Naut »

Hey, thank you very much Draik!

I do have a query. I can't seem to log in at the general pckf forum. Do I need a separate account for that?
I originally made my account whilst in the modding forum.
Juggre Naut

Post by Juggre Naut »

Never mind, I figured it out. My bad, I posted in the wrong forum.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Welcome! :)