The Second Biggest Sandwich I Ever Saw!

Anything related to Keen Modding.

What do you think of this idea so far? And after its been released, did you like it?

Good Mod/Good Idea
86%
This Lost episode should have stayed lost
No votes
No opinion.
14%

Total votes: 7

KEENapplesauce

The Second Biggest Sandwich I Ever Saw!

Post by KEENapplesauce »

Well, my upcoming 2011 mod, "Lost Episode II: The Second Biggest Sandwich I Ever Saw!" is now in production! More details will be out about it as the date gets closer (and after I come up with them :D) It takes place on Chungella IV and hopefully will be folloewd by "Keen Meets the Meats!", but I'm not sure :) . So, if anyone has a few thoughts, I need a few things for the game...

-Music: If anyone had some good, Keenish MIDI tracks that they's like to see featured in the game, just let me know and I'll try to put them in. In addition, anyone who does donate music will be featured in the credits. The storyline of the game is revolving around sandwhiches, so its pretty much up to your imagination... I need a few different tracks- I'm hoping for at least five. More informaiton on what I need can be found at the bottom of this post.
-Enemies: I do have ideas for almost all of the enemies, but if anyone can come up with anything good, just do the same thing as with the music.
-Anything else cool. Yes, its a general category!

More about the music:
-World map theme
-Level music- types of levels:
- -Mountain/Canyon theme
- -Shrines
- -Theme for other levels
-When you find one of the seven objectives.

Id like some other music as well so that the entire game isnt made of 3 tracks in the levels.

Yes, I could get some music but I think it would be cool to feature music made by fellow fans...
Last edited by KEENapplesauce on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemm

Post by lemm »

Sandwiches are beautiful.

The most enjoyable thing in mods for me are new sprite behaviours, and it's a bit easier in some respects with Keen 4 because of the action format (see Keen 4 subforum sticky).

I don't think you'll have any problems finding composers for your songs; perhaps advertise on the PCKF as you'll find more volunteers that way.
KEENapplesauce

Post by KEENapplesauce »

I would post on the PCKF, but I'm not on yet. See, until next January I'm still under 13 years old, so I tried to apply under the 12 or younger choice about a week ago. I then found out about the form that I have to mail or fax back with a parent signature, but I'm unable to fax it and would rather not mail it... So I sent an email to the ADMIN user seeing if there was a way that I could re-apply with the "exactly-or-over-13" option next January... Because there is already an activation request under my current email saying that I am under 13. I haven't gotten a reply yet... If there is even anyone answering emails to that user name. Is there anyone else thet you know of that I could talk to about it? If I can get on, I will advertise, even if it is in January, I have plenty of time. Sprite editing is going to take forever :)
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

Are you talking about this PCKF or the old ezboard/Yuku/whatever one? The newer one shouldn't require you to be over 13. Well, technically it asks you, but no one really cares if you are or not.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

Just talk to Tulip and he'll take care of the PCKF registration issues. We have a couple members under 13, so it shouldn't be an issue.

If you plan to have musicians submit songs for you mod, be sure to only accept submissions in the imf format. Accepting midis from composers who can't work with the imf format leads to a lot of unnecessary hassle, especially if you grow attached to those midis.

Chungella IV has been talked about as a setting for keen fan projects various times but has never really happened, so this'll definitely be neat. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I activated your account on PCKF, you should be able to post there now.
KEENapplesauce

Post by KEENapplesauce »

Alright, awesome, thanks a billion! :) And Ceilick, I'll make sure I only accept the IMFs.